The Supervised Parenting Time and Exchange Program will be closed until further notice.
The Still Parents Seminar, Working Together Seminar, and Legal Resource Center have been cancelled until further notice.
On March 9, 2020, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an executive order declaring a state of emergency in Ohio in response to the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID—19). The executive order allows government agencies and health departments to better coordinate their responses to protect the public from the dangerous effects of COVID-19. The Ohio Department of Health has issued guidance for employers and businesses, and guidelines for childcare and K-12 schools to combat the spread of the disease. Governor DeWine has also encouraged that large public gatherings be canceled, and that non-essential services be limited. According to health experts, most COVID—19 patients may experience flu-like symptoms, which can be treated at home by taking over-the-counter pain relievers, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of rest.
Judge Mary Kovack and the Medina County Domestic Relations Court, have been tracking the COVID—19 situation closely. Judge Kovack and her staff are preparing to take any measures necessary to protect the lives, health, safety and well-being of the public, court staff, and law enforcement/first responders, including making plans to conduct as much court business as possible telephonically.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, in lieu of physical attendance, parties and counsel are being asked to call into the Court’s teleconference system for all scheduled hearings. Parties will be contacted for all hearings occurring March 16, 2020 through March 20, 2020 and be provided with a call-in number, pin, and further instructions. Hearings scheduled or occurring after that date will receive notices with that information.
If you are planning to come to court, however, please take the following precautions to minimize the spread of any illness:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or a tissue when sneezing or coughing; or, sneeze into your elbow.
· Have hand sanitizer available with at least 60% alcohol, and use it frequently.
· Keep surfaces, such as your phone, cleaned with an alcohol-based cleaning product.
· Notify the Court, but stay home if you are ill, unless you have been ordered to appear.
Any changes to the Court’s protocols or schedules will be posted to the Court’s website. Judge Kovack and her staff will continue to monitor reports from federal, state and local health experts as the COVID-19 situation unfolds.
Court News and Upcoming Events
- Thursday, March 12, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at 4046 Medina Road, Medina, Ohio.
- The class on Saturday, March 28, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at 4046 Medina Road, Medina, Ohio has been cancelled.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at 99 Public Square, Medina, Ohio.
- The Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at 99 Public Square, Medina, Ohio has been cancelled.
- The Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at 99 Public Square, Medina, Ohio sessions have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Thursday, March 12, 2020, from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. session at the Highland Library has been cancelled.
- The Thursday, March 26, 2020, from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Medina Library has been cancelled.