The Medina County Domestic Relations Court will be closed for filings at noon on Friday, June 18, 2021 in observance with the Juneteenth holiday. Child support termination hearings will proceed as scheduled.
Masks are required to do business in Medina County Domestic Relations Court and at the Supervised Parenting Time and Safe Exchange Center.
The Still Parents Seminar and Working Together Seminar have resumed virtually. Please check back for more information.
On May 8, 2020, the Court put on a presentation discussing the April 15, 2020 Order.
On April 15, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack issued an Order regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
On April 13, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack issued a Press Release regarding the Court’s efforts to meet the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. On April 14, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack issued a Press Release regarding the Court’s award of a technology grant from the Ohio Supreme Court in a further effort to meet the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
On March 9, 2020, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an executive order declaring a state of emergency in Ohio in response to the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID—19). The executive order allows government agencies and health departments to better coordinate their responses to protect the public from the dangerous effects of COVID-19. The Ohio Department of Health has issued guidance for employers and businesses, and guidelines for childcare and K-12 schools to combat the spread of the disease. Governor DeWine has also encouraged that large public gatherings be canceled, and that non-essential services be limited. According to health experts, most COVID—19 patients may experience flu-like symptoms, which can be treated at home by taking over-the-counter pain relievers, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of rest.
Judge Mary Kovack and the Medina County Domestic Relations Court, have been tracking the COVID—19 situation closely. Judge Kovack and her staff are preparing to take any measures necessary to protect the lives, health, safety and well-being of the public, court staff, and law enforcement/first responders, including making plans to conduct as much court business as possible telephonically.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, in lieu of physical attendance, parties and counsel are being asked to call into the Court’s teleconference system for all scheduled hearings. Parties will be contacted for all hearings occurring March 16, 2020 through March 20, 2020 and be provided with a call-in number, pin, and further instructions. Hearings scheduled or occurring after that date will receive notices with that information.
If you are planning to come to court, however, please take the following precautions to minimize the spread of any illness:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or a tissue when sneezing or coughing; or, sneeze into your elbow.
· Have hand sanitizer available with at least 60% alcohol, and use it frequently.
· Keep surfaces, such as your phone, cleaned with an alcohol-based cleaning product.
· Notify the Court, but stay home if you are ill, unless you have been ordered to appear.
Any changes to the Court’s protocols or schedules will be posted to the Court’s website. Judge Kovack and her staff will continue to monitor reports from federal, state and local health experts as the COVID-19 situation unfolds.
Court News and Upcoming Events
On April 24, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack issued a Press Release regarding the resumption of the Legal Resource Center program.
On April 14, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack issued a Press Release regarding the Court’s award of a technology grant from the Ohio Supreme Court in a further effort to meet the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
On April 13, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack issued a Press Release regarding the Court’s efforts to meet the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thursday, July 9, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. will be conducted virtually.
- Saturday, July 25, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. will be conducted virtually.
- Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. will be conducted virtually.
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. will be conducted virtually.
- The Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at 99 Public Square, Medina, Ohio sessions have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Thursday, June 3, 2021, session will occur remotely by appointment only. For more information, please click here.
- The Thursday, June 17, 2021, session will occur at the Brunswick Library from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary.